If you are starting to learn French, or want to extend your knowledge of the language the Collins French Dictionary is the ideal book to help you understand and communicate.
The dictionary has over 80,000 references, contemporary vocabulary, cultural equivalents, and notes on dialect. It is ideal if you're conducting business with French-speaking customers or colleagues. With Collins, you can trust each translation is correct.
The Foremost Authority on the Language of Today
* Over 80,000 words, phrases and translations
* Comprehensive and up-to- date coverage of all words and phrases you need, and French updated for the new spelling reform
* In-depth treatment of difficult words
* Cultural notes provide insight into the life in French-speaking countries
Words are tools for life. And a Collins Dictionary makes them work for you.
A search tool
Featuring various search options to help you find the words you need more easily, including:
* A quick search of words while you type
* A 'fuzzy filter' for when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
* A 'keyword' search for finding key words within phrasal verbs
* A wild card search facility which can replace a letter or a group of letters
* A learning tool
The dictionary app includes a number of features which help you to expand your vocabulary further:
* A 'Favourites' feature allows you to create your own categories and lists of words
* Your last visited words are all saved in your 'History', so that you can quickly look back at recently checked words
* Discover a new word every day with the 'Daily' feature
* Ability to have dictionary Word of the Day as a widget on the device home screen
* See words in context with example sentences
* Online and offline modes supported; the offline mode allows you to download the whole dictionary and work independently from data connections